The Jamaica Diaspora Taskforce Motion Community (JDTAN) continues to honor distinctive Jamaicans throughout the diaspora by its Jamaica Diaspora and Associates Champion Awards (JDAFCA).
After a whole bunch of nominations and 1000’s of votes, twelve Jamaicans emerged because the Jamaica Diaspora Champions of 2021. The recipients accepted their awards throughout a digital presentation on June sixteenth, celebrated as Diaspora Day.
The 12 Jamaicans had been chosen throughout varied sectors like schooling, enterprise, politics and media. This 12 months’s diaspora champions are:
- The Champion in Agriculture and Local weather Resilience is Yaad Market, based by Steve Mcdonald.
- The Champion in Artwork and Tradition is Miramar Commissioner, Alexandra P. Davis
- The Champion in Neighborhood Improvement is Keri-Ann Knight
- The Champion Neighborhood Improvement Group is Affiliation of Jamaican Nationals in France, accepted by present President, Oneil Madden
- The Champion in Training is Dr. Beverly E Rowe-Mullings
- The Champion Alumni Affiliation is Immaculate Conception Excessive Faculty Alumnae Affiliation – NY Chapter, accepted by present President, Karen Wilson-Robinson
- The Champion in Religion Primarily based Management is Bishop Michael A. Hutchinson
- The Champion in Well being and Psychological Well being is Sylvanus Thompson
- The Champion in Authorized Sector Help and Immigration is Latangie A. Williams
- The Champion in Media is Xavier Murphy
- The Champion in Expertise and Entrepreneurship is David P. A. Mullings
- The Champion in Taskforce Management is Dr. Beverly Gordon
Kimone Gooden, Chair of the awards and JDTAN Operations Officer, mentioned that the award was created to spotlight Jamaicans throughout the diaspora who give freely in service to the event of Jamaica.
“The JDAFCA is the primary international and digital Jamaica Diaspora peer award with fully open and on-line nominations and voting. It was created to acknowledge people, organizations, and mates within the Diaspora who make distinctive contributions to the event of Jamaica,” she mentioned.
JDAFCA was launched in 2017 on the seventh Biennial Diaspora Convention and “honors hardworking volunteers, all these unsung heroes, who give freely in service to the expansion of Jamaica’s nationwide improvement, Her tradition, financial system, folks, and communities,” in response to Gooden.
Following the presentation of the awards, JDTAN Chairman, Leo Gilling issued a press release saying that he was inspired by the large response through the nomination and voting course of.
“Congratulations to all of the Champions! JDTAN’s intention was to current an award to the Diaspora, wherein nobody particular person or committee however the neighborhood, most people nominates and votes for these candidates based mostly on their accomplishments in Jamaica, their neighborhood and throughout the Diaspora. I’m inspired by the large response through the nomination and voting course of. Thanks for supporting these Champions and making JDAFCA a hit.”
The profiles of the 2021 Champions and all honorably talked about nominees could be seen on www.jdafca.org.