The Elba Board of Schooling met Tuesday night, Might 18, for the board’s common month-to-month assembly, and with finish of the 12 months upon them, the board members discovered themselves being requested to approve a number of personnel suggestions.
Superintendent Chris Moseley had an extended checklist of personnel issues to debate with the board, together with retirements, resignations, hires, and transfers. Upon his suggestion [along with the recommendation of the school principal or department head], the board authorized the next:
• Retirement of Martha Crawford, enterprise tech trainer at Elba Excessive College, efficient in December
• Resignations for highschool academics Ashley Chappell [math], Amanda Martin [English], Robin Mitchell [family and consumer science], and Amber Thomas [English]; and for elementary trainer Brenda Skinner [EES reading specialist]
• Employments of latest highschool academics Anna Danford [special education], Ronald Floyd [math], Alissa Haynes [English], Catherine Payne [math], and Stephanie Wright [business tech]; and new elementary faculty academics Abbey Bedsole, Robyn Reisnour, and Wendy Simmons
• System Transfers for Madison Johnson [from intervention to English teacher at the high school], Sheila Johnson [from EES teacher to family and consumer science teacher at the high school], and Sasha O’Neal [from EES teacher to reading specialist for the elementary school]
• CNP employments of Jamaica Davis on the elementary faculty, and Ronda Robinson at the highschool.
Additionally, through the board assembly, the brand new board officers for the 12 months had been nominated and authorized. Serving because the board president for the following 12 months will likely be DeAnn Grantham. The vice chairman of the board will likely be Greg Sowell.
The Pre-Ok program had a particular presentation for the board through the assembly. College students and academics from the early training program “confirmed off” some class tasks they’d accomplished as a part of their curriculum this faculty 12 months.
The 2020-2021 faculty 12 months ended earlier this week. Moseley stated it had been a great 12 months for the Elba College System.