The “Highway to the Triple Crown” for native-bred three-year-olds begins tomorrow at Caymanas Park with the twenty seventh operating of the Hotline Stakes. The Hotline is a Restricted Allowance V, non-winners of two for fillies solely at 6 furlongs for a complete purse of $1.3 million.
Beneath is an evaluation of the runners.
1. MAGENTA: (3 ch f by Right here Comes Ben – Successful Spirit) – Made a successful begin to her profession on December 26, 2020 when beating Bern Discover and Regal and Royal by ¾ size, going six furlongs (1,200m). Though returning 77 days later to make her seasonal bow, Magenta’s 1:13.1 successful time over this distance on debut means that she is greater than able to dealing with these. Has been ready for this race and has each likelihood of taking house the trophy. Observe: Tongue-tie on/first-time Lasix.
2. SILVER HAWK: (3 rn f by Midnight Hawk – Miss Emily) – Launched the maiden tag after three begins down the five-straight course on February 17. It was an encouraging win by Silver Hawk in a time of 1:00.4 and along with her coach Gary Subratie within the pink of type and given primary enchancment, Silver Hawk needs to be watched intently.
3. KATALINA: (3 ch f by Experience On Curlin – Alienate) – Got here good on February 13 over 7 ½ furlongs when beating Hilly’s Imaginative and prescient and Seven Stars by a size in a time of 1:35.3. Meets Magical Temper right here on the identical phrases, after shedding by half a size Katalina needs to be snug right here is about for a capital effort.
4. CHANDRA’S LAW: (3 ch f by Sensational Slam – She’s So Spectacular) – Completed down the monitor on February 17 behind Lure of Lucy over 6 ½ furlongs. One thing is amiss with Chandra’s Legislation and he or she needs to be given time. Will not be an element within the Hotline, however Chandra’s Legislation can’t be dominated out in future three-year-old races particularly among the many fillies.
5. MAGICAL MOOD: (3 ch f by Fearless Imaginative and prescient – The Girl Scored) – Was a combating winner on February 7 beating Katalina by half-length over tomorrow’s distance in a time of 1:15.3. Previous to that, Magical Temper completed fourth behind Magenta on debut in December of final 12 months, additionally over tomorrow’s journey. Magical Temper has been working nicely coming into this race and based mostly on her final effort is beginning to present true indicators of means, however is worse off within the handicaps in comparison with Magenta, however jockey Dane Nelson can simply make up for that scenario after which once more handicaps amongst three-year-olds is just not all the time a defining issue.
6. SURE CURLIN: (3 b f by Excellent Curlin – Certain To Remedy) – Has moved from the stables of coach Gary Subratie to that of Patrick Lynch and though a winner on January 1, Certain Curlin may have time to get accustomed to her new environment.
7. ACTION ANN: (3 gr f by Sensational Slam – Girl Like) – A winner by 13 lengths on December 23 after gaining wanted expertise from her three earlier outings, travelling seven furlongs. Motion Ann’s successful time, then, of 1:25.1 is nothing to scoff at amongst three-year-olds. Coach Chris Pearson is aiming for the Classics and this can be the primary successful cease alongside that path.
8. SECRET IDENTITY: (3 b f by Bern Identification – Pomeroy’s Secret) – A powerful winner on debut over 5 ½ furlongs on February 28. Secret Identification got here from off the tempo to beat rivals by 5 lengths going away in a time of 1:08.4. Secret Identification ought to enhance on that effort and now going additional, which goes to swimsuit her higher, could make it two wins in a row.
9. THREE TIMES LUCKY: (3 ch f by Northern Big – Granville Greeta) – Primarily based on her eighth-placed end behind stablemate Lure of Lucy over 6 ½ furlongs, Three Instances Fortunate, though anticipated to run a greater race, can not get a successful vote.