KINGSTON, Jamaica – As COVID-19 instances proceed to rise islandwide, Prime Minister Andrew Holness has introduced a raft of recent containment measures for the subsequent three weeks.
- The islandwide curfew stays at 8:00 pm to five:00 am day by day till March 22.
- Zoos, parks, gyms, points of interest and bars will shut at 6:00 pm.
- Solely college students who will sit exit examinations and people with particular wants are to obtain face-to-face instruction. This contains personal faculties. Nurseries and day care centres are thought of important providers and are to be stored open.
- Beginning March 4, there have to be a make money working from home association within the public sector. Solely workers who work in important service supply must be within the bodily workplace places.
- The personal sector is inspired to rearrange their affairs in such a method as to facilitate their workers working from dwelling.
- The place a member of workers has comorbidities, or has to handle somebody who’s unwell or in any other case challenged, that individual must be allowed to make money working from home. This is applicable to each the private and non-private sector.
- The general public gathering restrict will stay at 10 folks.
- Within the public sector, no social occasions or ceremonies, except digital, are allowed to happen.
- As obtains for guests, Jamaicans coming dwelling from overseas can be required to current a destructive COVID check, carried out inside 72 hours previous to their journey date, on the check-in to their flights. Accepted check varieties are PCR check, Nucleic Acid Amplification check (NAA), RNA or molecular check and Antigen check. Antibody exams won’t be accepted and home-based check kits won’t be accepted. Lab specs could be discovered on visitjamaica.com.
Enterprise travellers, who have been beforehand facilitated by the Authorities, will now be required to pay for their very own PCR exams.
- Flights coming immediately from the UK proceed to be restricted.
- Efficient March 8, funerals and burials can be prohibited. No burial orders can be issued. Funerals that have been already scheduled as much as March 7 might go forward, underneath the present protocols.
- Church buildings are directed to have interaction in on-line providers solely. Ten members are permitted inside the church area to handle the net programme.
- Weddings are allowed, besides that the cap has now been halved to 25 folks, together with the bride, groom, pastor and the 2 witnesses.
- Public seashores are to be closed.
- The age has been adjusted from 65 to 60 years, for people required to remain at dwelling.
Holness stated the Authorities has utilised two triggers for motion, taking strict motion earlier than when there was a rise in numbers …representing a spike, and now, utilizing the second set off, as a result of the nation is seeing a rise within the variety of symptomatic individuals requiring hospital care.
“It is a important set off and we now have to shift coverage efforts to making sure that we will protect each Jamaican’s life,” Holness stated at a COVID press briefing this night.
“As soon as the capability of the well being system turns into threatened, we may see a spike not solely within the quantity contaminated, but additionally in these dying from the illness — that is subsequently the important fulcrum.”
Now you may learn the Jamaica Observer ePaper anytime, wherever. The Jamaica Observer ePaper is on the market to you at dwelling or at work, and is identical version because the printed copy accessible at http://bit.ly/epaper-login