U.S. Journey welcomes Carnival Cruise Line President Christine Duffy as Nationwide Chair
- US Journey welcomes Christine Duffy as Nationwide Chair
- There has by no means been a extra crucial time for the journey business to return collectively to impact change and drive a monetary restoration
- Duffy succeeds Vacation spot DC President and CEO Elliott L. Ferguson, II, whose time period as chair has concluded
The U.S. Journey Affiliation on Friday introduced the election of Christine Duffy, president of Carnival Cruise Line, as its new nationwide chair. Duffy, who most not too long ago served on the board as first vice chair, will lead an govt committee and board representing a various cross-section of journey enterprise sectors.
“We’re very happy to welcome Christine as nationwide chair of U.S. Journey, not just for her deep expertise working profitable journey companies, but additionally for the expertise and savvy she is going to convey to serving to restore considered one of America’s largest business sectors following steep losses related to the worldwide pandemic,” mentioned U.S. Journey Affiliation President and CEO Roger Dow.
Dow added: “The board appreciates Christine’s steering at this significant time as we advance insurance policies and packages to revive journey to and throughout the U.S.”
As nationwide chair of U.S. Journey, Duffy will information the board and affiliation’s efforts to:
- Develop engagement with companies and organizations to drive advocacy initiatives and form the way forward for journey;
- Unite the business beneath one voice to tell the opinions and actions of elected leaders;
- Advance priorities centered on restoration and rebuilding of the U.S. journey business; and
- Educate and inform journey stakeholders
“There has by no means been a extra crucial time for the journey business to return collectively to impact change and drive a monetary restoration. If nothing else, the previous 12 months has demonstrated the financial energy of the journey sector, in addition to the affinity People have for the social, mental, leisure and joyful advantages of journey,” mentioned Duffy. “I look ahead to working with the good leaders of the journey and tourism business to chart a path to a brand new stage of success.”
Duffy joined Carnival Cruise Line, the flagship model of Miami-based world cruise business chief Carnival Corp., in 2015 after serving as president and CEO of the Cruise Strains Worldwide Affiliation (CLIA). She has additionally served as president and CEO of Maritz Journey Firm. As president of Carnival Cruise Line, Duffy oversees an organization that sails a fleet of 24 ships, yearly hosts almost six million company and employs greater than 43,000 folks from 110 nations across the globe. Duffy is the primary girl to function president of Carnival Cruise Line.
Duffy sits on the company boards of administrators of Aimbridge Hospitality, the worldwide chief in lodge administration providers, and Herschend Household Leisure, the nation’s largest family-owned operator of themed sights, together with Dollywood and Branson’s Silver Greenback Metropolis. She sits on the Skilled Advisory Board of St. Jude Kids’s Analysis Hospital of which Carnival Cruise Line is the official celebration associate. Duffy can also be a member of The Committee of 200, a corporation of the world’s most profitable girls enterprise leaders that helps, celebrates and advances girls’s management. She was not too long ago named by Ladies Main Journey & Hospitality as considered one of its high girls in journey and hospitality.
Along with Duffy, U.S. Journey put in different board officer positions:
- Vice Chairs:
- Julie Coker, president & CEO, San Diego Tourism Authority;
- Fred Dixon, president & CEO, NYC & Firm;
- Sharon Siskie, SVP, industrial technique – Disney Signature Experiences, Disney;
- Treasurer Stephen Revetria, president, Giants Enterprises, San Francisco Giants; and
- Secretary Michael Dominguez, president & CEO, Related Luxurious Lodges Worldwide.
Duffy succeeds Vacation spot DC President and CEO Elliott L. Ferguson, II, whose time period as chair has concluded.